We’re kicking off the annual event that we get to co-host with All Things Dog Blog (and our DogTipper site): Super Dog Sunday™! This charitable event, now in its third year, culminates on the day of “the big game” and benefits Petfinder Foundation to help them do more of their work assisting shelters and rescues to find loving homes for homeless pets. Along the way, participants will enter to win some of the over $1,500 in prizes!
Don’t let the name throw you…Super Dog Sunday™ is all about helping CATS, too (and other kinds of pets as well…you’ll find everything from rabbits to horses to snakes looking for forever homes on Petfinder!)
The fun starts on January 20 with the #SuperDogPics Twitter party, an event where you can learn more about improving your photography and doctoring Petfinder photos to give them a football theme.
This year’s Super Dog Sunday™ lineup of sponsors is:
- Luv and Emma (Luv and Emma on Facebook and Twitter)
- Nature’s Logic (Nature’s Logic on Facebook and Twitter)
- Toby and Max (Toby and Max on Facebook and Twitter)
- Arenus (Arenus on Facebook and Twitter)
- Event Barkers (Event Barkers on Facebook and Twitter)
We’ll be reviewing many of these products here and on DogTipper, and linking to reviews on All Things Dog Blog, 5 Minutes for Fido,Organic-Journey-Online, My Pet Allergies, and Paris and John. (Hint: you just might find some info in our upcoming posts that will help you with the Rafflecopter giveaways…)
Along with prizes from those sponsors, four lucky readers will win prizes provided by Gypsy Eyes Clothing (on Facebook at Gypsy Eyes Clothing). This Etsy store was a crowd favorite in last year’s #SuperDogPics.
How to Participate
Now is a good time to start thinking about your entries in Super Dog Sunday™ pet photo contest.
You can enter photos of ANY kind of pets–including adoptable pets on Petfinder– but here’s the game regulation: your photo has to have a football theme. It doesn’t have to be a particular team…any kind of football-related shot works like this the one above of Felix!
Or you can get high-tech and doctor an existing photo to give it a football theme, using an online editor like ImageChef.com (we’ll be writing more about these free services in future posts):
We’ll have lots of tips during the #SuperDogPics Twitter party, too!
- You can enter one photo per pet.
- Every photo must have a football theme.
- Along with your own pets, you may enter a photo of an adoptable Petfinder pet to which you’ve added a football theme.
- You’ll need to enter a full-sized photo (no tiny photos or thumbnails). Please email your digital photo to EventBarkers@gmail.com.
- You may begin emailing photos immediately.
- Bloggers can enter their photos or photos their readers have submitted to them starting at 5:30 PM ET on Sunday, January 20. That’s when our #SuperDogPics Twitter Party will end and the entries officially open for viewing via a blog hop on All Things Dog Blog and DogTipper. The code for sharing the hop will be available to bloggers who may post the hop to their own sites as well.
- This year we’re adding a special “Cheer Team” of bloggers and social media enthusiasts to help spread the word of the event and its adoptables. We’ll have more details on this soon!
- The deadline for entries is 6:30 PM ET on Sunday, February 3, kickoff time for the Super Bowl. At this time our judges will go to work, grouping your entries by category and naming a winner in each group.
- These winners will be announced on Monday afternoon, February 4.
- We’ll publish a slideshow of all entries here and on DogTipper and on All Things Dog Blog.
- Pet lovers everywhere are invited to enter photos and share in the fun but the giveaways are restricted to US and Canada mailing addresses (with the exception of Quebec due to strict giveaway rules.) For full rules, please see the Event Barkers Rules page.
Here’s a slideshow of some of last year’s entries to help ignite a creative spark! We’ll look forward to seeing your photos in Super Dog Sunday™ and look forward to seeing you at the #SuperDogPics Twitter party on January 20, too!
Disclosure: Super Dog Sunday™ sponsors have made charitable donations to Petfinder Foundation and are supplying the $1500+ in prizes to be given away to 8 lucky winners in the photo contest. This event has been organized and produced completely as a charity effort by Event Barkers.