Hep cat John Fulton– a musician who performs “kitty ditties”– hosts the six-part series, which will take viewers around the globe in an exploration of cat culture which includes:
- A trip to Japan to enjoy a spot of tea at one of the nation’s 100 cat cafes, visit an island where the purring population outnumbers human residents, and take a touching look at devoted animal lovers who are helping the countless cats left homeless after the 2011 earthquake and tsunami.
Meeting mewing fans at the Calico Cat Cafe:
Cats help the fishermen on Cat Island:
- A visit to England to meet Smokey, whose 92 decibel purr has landed him the Guinness World Record title as the world’s loudest cat.
- A stopover in the City of Brotherly Love, Philadelphia, to learn all about feline kidney transplants, which give cats second chances to live out their nine lives.
John Fulton heads to the operating room to watch a cat kidney transplant:
- Cruising along the California coast to see the latest advances in feline physical therapy, including getting cats to work out on underwater treadmills.
- A visit with a woman in Oregon who gets along swimmingly with her purring pupils who are learning how to dog paddle.
- A peek at the pampered lives of glamorpusses in New Jersey, the Hamptons and Los Angeles, including feline fashions, gourmet cat cuisine concocted by a personal kitty chef and high-end feline hotels that are the cat’s meow.
Ada Nieves, cat clothing designer:
At Best Little Cat House with proprietors Gregory Ulrich and Divinity Libby:
“We’re really telling some amazing and different stories in these new episodes that people likely haven’t heard, and I can’t wait to share them with viewers,” says host John Fulton. “I learned so much during my travels and have an even greater understanding and appreciation of the relationships people in the U.S. and abroad have with cats.”
The new season of Must Love Cats premieres March 10, 2012 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on Animal Planet.
For more information:
Photo Credit: Animal Planet