On May 10th not only will the iconic intergalactic kitty (along with her ‘Dude,’ Mike Bridavsky) introduce the screening of mini- meowvies, she will also raise funds for the East Bay SPCA and Lil BUB’s Big Fund for the ASPCA, which distributes grants to animal welfare organizations to aid cats who need specialized care and help felines with special needs find forever families to love.
Lil BUB’s admirers can purchase a special $20 ticket to meet the internet’s top tabby, have a picture taken with her and receive an exclusive signed photo print of the high-profile purrsonality; a $50 ticket offers all of the above, plus the chance to pet and give a kiss to the celebri-cat; a $75 tickets offers all of the above plus a Lil BUB plush toy to take home.
Oakland Internet Cat Film Festival Activities
Taking place at the Great Wall of Oakland, the day of dogged devotion to our kitty companions will leave no time for cat naps, as the schedule includes:
- Adorable adoptable cats and kittens from the East Bay SPCA, Cat Town, Feral Cat Foundation, Friends of the Alameda Animal Shelter, Hopalong Animal Rescue, Island Cat Resources and Adoptions, Itty Bitty Orphan Kitty Rescue, Maine Coon Adoptions, Oakland Animal Services, Pets and Pals, Tony La Russa’s Animal Rescue Foundation (ARF).
- Kitty ditties by Vagabondage, D. Edward, Zanzibar Physics, Protea and the Aaron Fisher Band.
- Cat-themed comedy from Caitlin Gil.
- An aerial duet off of the Great Wall of Oakland– an homage to a cat’s natural grace performed by internationally recognized aerial dance troupe Bandaloop.
- The chance for attendees to unleash their inner Picatsso by creating kitty-inspired crafts in the Cativity section.
- The opportunity to mull over merchandise for your meowing pal at Kitty City.
…and much more!
A happening with heart, all of the proceeds from the event after costs will benefit East Bay SPCA.
Admission: $10 general admission; $5 for children age 4 – 12; $5 for seniors age 65 and older; $75 for VIP admission (or become a foster pet parent to a kitten from one of the event’s participating shelters and receive free tickets!)
When: May 10, 2014 from 3 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Where: The Great Wall of Oakland at 400 Grand Avenue in Oakland, California
For more information:
Photo Credit: PRNewsFoto/Cuddle Barn